Deer Run Bed & Breakfast: Rooms & Rates
Comfortable & peaceful lodging in the lower Florida Keys.
EACH OF OUR ROOMS IS OUTFITTED WITH: PRIVATE BATH, A/C, SATELLITE TV, WI-FI, SMALL REFRIGERATOR, IRON/IRONING BOARD AND BLOW DRYER.
Beach level. Oceanfront and ocean view 2-room suite w/private bath. Bedroom with king size bed & living room with sofa bed (opens to full size sofa bed).
Deer Run's flagship eco room, done with the assistance of an LEED certified interior designer. Atlantis is a 2-room ocean front suite consisting of a bedroom, living room and private bath. Atlantis has a tile floor, with muted natural colored walls (using zero VOC paints). The ceiling is done in salvaged cedar slats, with white crown molding. Night tables are reclaimed, refurbished, and artisan custom painted. Bed sheets and bath linens are 100% organic cotton. The bedding, seating, drapes, and sofa bed slipcovers are custom made from 100% recycled, or organic, textiles from green seal certified manufacturers. Almost all furniture is reclaimed and refurbished, then painted with water-based coffee bean colored stains. Bedroom & living room both have "EnergyStar" rated flat screen TVs, "EnergyStar" rated ceiling fans, separate ductless a/c units in each room, with a small apartment sized EnergyStar rated refrigerator located in the living room. Water conservation plumbing is in bathroom. This suite has an oversized screened in oceanfront porch with "Forest Stewardship Counsel" rated furniture table & chair seating for 4, with additional seating. Entrance is directly from beach through a screen door into screened porch. Suite has sliding glass doors into bedroom, and salvaged mahogany French doors into living room. Atlantis has many pieces of original art.
Now available for discounted weekly rentals! Discounts apply for Saturday to Saturday stays only. Rate does not include include breakfast, tax or linens (bath linens, beach towels & bedding available for an additional charge). Discounted weekly rate only available June 1st through November 30th.
Beach level. Oceanfront and ocean view room w/private bath. King size bed.
Utopia is Deer Run's bright and cheerful ocean front room. Utopia has flamingo pink and key lime walls (using zero VOC paints); tile flooring, white & bright wicker and wood furnishings. Most furnishings are reclaimed, and have been refurbished. Bed sheets and bath linens are 100% organic cotton. Utopia has an Energy Star rated flat screen TV, ductless a/c unit, and small size Energy Star rated refrigerator. Water conservation plumbing is in bathroom. Utopia has a screened in porch with an artisan crafted inlay tile table along with seating for 2. Entrance is directly from beach through a screen door into screened porch. Room has sliding glass doors into bedroom. Utopia has many pieces of original art.
Upstairs. Oceanfront and ocean view room w/private bath. King size bed. Heaven is directly above Utopia.
Heaven is our Caribbean style upstairs oceanfront room done with the assistance of a LEED certified interior designer. Heaven has chocolate and toffee colored walls (using zero VOC paints), with white crown molding, and a hardwood floor. Heaven has a custom built platform bed made with Forest Stewardship Counsel rated hickory. Night tables are reclaimed, and have been custom artisan painted. Other furnishings are reclaimed and refurbished, then painted a deep coffee bean color (using water based stains). Heaven has an Energy Star rated flat screen TV, EnergyStar rated ceiling fan, ductless a/c, and small size Energy Start rated refrigerator. Bathroom has water conservation plumbing in place. Bed sheets and bath linens are 100% organic cotton. Drapes, bedding and seating are custom made with 100% recycled, or organic, textiles, from green seal certified manufacturers. Entrance is up 1 exterior flight of stairs, through a screen door into its screened porch. Room has French doors leading into room. Heaven's screened porch has a bistro set for 2, and a small settee. Heaven has many pieces of original and vintage art.
Beach level, not oceanfront. Eden is garden front with garden view w/private bath. Queen size bed. Eden is on the backside of the house, and is not oceanfront or ocean view.
Eden is our peaceful garden front retreat, done in shabby chic. Eden has white walls with tile flooring. Eden has all white vintage wicker furnishings, refurbished and repainted using zero VOC paints. Eden's headboard is a Victorian era farmhouse set of doors, lovingly salvaged by the owners. Eden has 100% organic linens in its private bath. This room has an Energy Star rated flat screen TV, ductless a/c unit, and an EnergyStar rated small refrigerator. Water conservation plumbing is in the bathroom. Entrance into Eden room is through the garden gate, then through a screen door into its small-screened porch. Screen porch has a reclaimed and refurbished settee for 2 with a small side table. Eden has some pieces of original art.
$235 - $255/ night
All rates are subject to change for holidays and events.
*additional charges for double occupancy
For availability & exact rates, please click here or call us directly at 305-872-2015
All room rates at Deer Run are subject to 12.5% tax.
- Our polices are firm. These policies are here to insure that all guests are comfortable and there are no "surprises" in store for you during your Deer Run stay. Violation of our policies results in immediate request to leave, no refunds extended.
- 50% of the entire stay is due upon booking by cash or credit card (Visa/MC/Discover accepted). All balances are to be paid in full at time of check in. No refunds are considered.
- We require two full weeks notice for all cancellations.
- If a reservation is cancelled within 14 days, the entire stay will be charged to your credit card.
- Any cancellation outside of the 14 day policy will result in a charge equal to one night stay.
- Deer Run is not responsible for illness, family emergencies, early departures, or work conflicts.
- In the event of a weather disaster resulting in a mandatory evacuation set forth by local, State or Federal government, refunds will be issued for the balance of the intended stay. No refunds will be issued for inclement weather when no mandatory evacuation orders by government officials are in place.
- No check -ins before 2:00pm, checkout is 10:00am. If you will arrive later than 6:00 PM, please notify the Innkeepers ahead of time.
- Smoking not permitted anywhere on premises.
- Please advise the Innkeepers ahead of time if you have any specific dietary or medical needs and we will do our best to try to accommodate you, if possible.
- Deer Run is adults only (18 and older). Sorry, no children or pets.
- No on-site boat storage or parking, on-site boat washing facilities, or launch ramp is available.
- Bait storage is not permitted anywhere at Deer Run. No fish, lobster or any "catch" cleaning or storage is permitted anywhere at Deer Run, including the beach, at any time.
- No fishing on Deer Run property.
- Rates subject to change during holidays or events.
- Minimum stay required, subject to change on holidays, during special events, or any other time.
- Visa/Mastercard/Discover and cash are accepted forms of payment.
- When a reservation is made within 14 days of arrival, the entire amount will be charged at the time of reservation.
At Deer Run, we are committed to the conservation and protection of all resources. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our efforts, and will never stop moving forward in this regard.
In October 2007, Deer Run was designated as a State of Florida certified green lodge. In order to obtain, maintain and move forward with this status, Deer Run has to meet or exceed conservation and protection guidelines set by the State of Florida, enforced by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Some of the many things we do here to conserve and protect:
- installed high-efficiency appliances throughout the entire inn;
- installed low-flow faucets, showers and composting toilets throughout the entire inn;
- recycle throughout the inn;
- installed an on-demand water heater for the inn;
- compost food scraps as well as lawn and yard debris;
- collect water in rain barrels for irrigation;
- utilize a chemical-free salt water system in our pool;
- xeriscape our grounds;
- utilize compact fluorescent lighting throughout the inn;
- have a mandatory towel and linen reuse program in place;
- have organic cotton towels and cruelty-free, eco-friendly soaps, gels and shampoos in all guest rooms;
- have timers on exterior lighting, and have solar lighting in place;
- use “green” cleaning products manufactured by socially responsible companies (like Seventh Generation, Earth Friendly, Ecover);
- use paper products (office paper, toilet tissue, facial tissue, & paper towels) made with non-chlorine bleached recycled paper content;
- we patrol and clean up to 1 mile of beach;
- we repurpose as many items as possible in order to extend their life and salvage items for use at the inn as well;
- serve as much organic food as possible, and adhere to a total vegetarian (everything suitable for vegans) breakfast menu;
- and much MUCH more
Deer Run was a 2009 WINNER of the ISLANDS Magazine Blue List, which spotlights the BEST in sustainable tourism.
Deer Run is a Florida State Certified Two Palm Green Lodge.